Ticket & Seating Information
The Kelowna Community Theatre presently does not have a staffed box office for selling tickets. Below is a list of local box office companies that provide tickets to the majority of events held at the theatre. Please refer to the calendar of events page to find out which box office the event you are interested in is using.
These local Box Office companies provide Will Call ticket pick up and at door sales one hour prior to the start of the event at the Kelowna Community Theatre Ticket Booth. If you would like to pick up your tickets earlier, please go directly to the box office location.
Due to fire regulations, the Kelowna Community Theatre has capacity limits and must have an accurate account of how many individuals are present in the theatre in case of emergency. All patrons regardless of age must have a ticket. Please contact the specific ticket seller directly for enquiries regarding a reduced child ticket rate if applicable. Ticket sellers listed on our upcoming events calendar by clicking on each show.
The Kelowna Community Theatre has 12 wheelchair accessible seats with companion seating.
A wheelchair is available at request.
Hearing assistance devices are available by request.
All events are all ages unless otherwise specified.
Any Will Call tickets can be picked up one hour prior to the start of the event from the Kelowna Community Theatre ticket booth unless otherwise stated. The Kelowna Community Theatre does not have any tickets on site during regular business hours. For any ticket related questions, please contact the ticket seller specific to each show. Ticket seller contact information can be found on each show listing page found in our event calendar.
The Kelowna Community Theatre presently does not have a staffed box office for selling tickets. The local box office companies that provide tickets to the majority of events at the Kelowna Community Theatre have different service fee charge structures. A generic breakdown is as follows:
Ticket Face Value:
Ticket prices are determined by the artist, promoter, or event management.
These are the main source of revenue for the box office company but also includes taxes, credit card processing fees, and capital improvement fee for the facility.
The Kelowna Community Theatre attaches a $1.50 per person fee to every ticket sold to help finance capital improvements. Previous projects in the past have included upgrades to the sound and lighting systems.
Lost & Found
Please contact our Front of House staff at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have lost an item. Leave a message with your name, phone number and/or email address and a description of your lost item. Once we have received your message we will check our lost and found items and get back to you as soon as possible.
Concession & Lobby Information
The lobby features:
- A cash bar serving wine, beer and highballs
- A concession area serving coffee, tea, water, soft drinks, juice, chips, assortment of chocolate bars, candies and nuts
- ATM machine
- Water fountain
- Couch seating
Yes, unless otherwise specified, please enjoy your beverage while watching the performance.
The bar and concession are open before the performance and during the intermission. Please note that all sales are cash only.
There is an ATM in the theatre lobby available for cash withdrawals.
Black Box Theatre
Many of the events held at the Black Box Theatre have their tickets sold through the Select Your Tickets Box Office which has a dedicated site for the Black Box. If you do not find the event you are interested in listed on Selectyourtickets.com, click here to go to our calendar of events page for more information. The event description on the calendar of event page will include specific ticket information for the event you are interested in.
The following are a few helpful hints that will ensure you and everyone around you will enjoy the performance.
- Turn off all electronic devices including cell phones, pagers, beepers, alarms and all other devices so as not to disturb the performers or other audience members during the show.
- Please do not text message as the screen lights up and disrupts the show for those around you.
- Avoid the use of scented products, as other audience members may be allergic.
- Please remove any hats to allow the person in the seat behind you to fully enjoy the show.
- Please sit in the seat you are assigned so you do not cause confusion for other audience members unless otherwise instructed by theatre staff or volunteers.
- Do not place your feet on the seat in front of you.
- No outside food or drink permitted in the theatre. Refreshments and snacks may be purchased from the concession during intermission.
- All concession drinks and bar drinks in plastic cups provided by staff are allowed in the auditorium.
- No food is permitted into the auditorium.
- Photography of any kind, particularly flash photography is not permitted during a performance. Audio and video recordings are strictly forbidden under copyright laws.
- The theatre does not allow babies in arms into the auditorium - everyone entering the theatre must have a ticket in case of emergency so everyone can be accounted for.
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to show time to allow you to park your car, purchase refreshments, find your seats and read any program before the show starts. The time posted on your ticket is the time the performance begins. Entering the theatre after a performance has begun is particularly disturbing to both the performers and the audience. It is the policy of the Kelowna Community Theatre that latecomers will be seated during a break in the performance at the discretion of the Front of House staff. To avoid disruptions, latecomers may be asked to sit at the back if seating is available until intermission.
- If you need to leave the theatre during the performance for any reason, you may not be able to return to your original seat, so as to not disturb other audience members. At intermission you are welcome to move back.
- If there is a situation that requires attention, please speak to the Front of House Manager.